ACM India-IARCS travel grants
About ACM India-IARCS travel grants
Since 2003-2004, IARCS has made available grants for partial
support to travel to conferences and other academic meetings in
all areas of Computing Science, both in India and abroad.
From 2014, these grants are jointly sponsored by
ACM India. With this additional
funding, the quantum of support available for individual grants
has been enhanced. The application procedure remains the same
and the grants will continue to be administered through
From 2008-2010, these grants were sponsored by a generous contribution from
Geodesic Information Systems Ltd.
To apply for a grant, you have to be affiliated as a student
or a faculty member to an academic institution based in
Grants are available to support travel to an academic
conference outside the country. The support can be used to cover
travel costs and conference registration fees.
- ACM India-IARCS travel grants are intended for work
directly related to computing science. We are not in a position
to support applications in other subjects, even if it involves
computational or numerical work.
- ACM India-IARCS grants are normally restricted
to Rs 60,000 (max Rs 1,00,000).
- ACM India-IARCS funding can be used as partial support
to cover items such as travel expenses, registration fees and
accommodation that are not already covered by other sources of
funding. Per diem expenses and other expenditure without bills
and/or receipts cannot be claimed.
- ACM India and IARCS do not provide direct grants to
individuals for events held within India. For events in India,
the organizers should contact ACM India or IARCS directly
for institutional support.
- ACM India-IARCS travel grants are intended for
presenting original research work at international conferences.
IARCS does not provide support for travel or local expenses for
instructional schools or for internships and other long-term
- ACM India and IARCS will give preference to students
who are enrolled in a graduate programme (Integrated Masters,
Integrated PhD, Masters, or PhD). ACM India and IARCS will
not normally provide support to faculty members from
well-funded institutions such as IITs, IISc, IIITs, TIFR, IMSc,
CMI, IISERs etc.
- To ensure a more equitable utilization of the limited travel
grant budget, ACM India and IARCS will not fund the same
individual twice in any 12 month period.
- List of IARCS travel grants, 2003–2013
How to apply
Fill in your application details in the
online application form.
Send the following details by email to
"Request for IARCS travel grant".
Please do not send any material by post. We will contact you if we need
additional information to process your application.
Details required when you apply
- Personal details:
- Applicant's Name:
- Name of institution:
- Postal address, phone, fax, email:
- Current course of study:
- Faculty member who can be contacted in connection with
this application (name, address, phone, fax, email):
- If faculty member, designation:
- Details about conference:
- Name of conference:
- Dates and location:
- Conference website (or other source of information about
- Details about paper to be presented:
- Title of paper (attach a copy of the paper with your mail)
- Paper category (if applicable): Full/Short/Poster/Other (specify)
- Amount of support requested from ACM India-IARCS
(justify with estimated expenses)
IARCS will endeavour to notify applicants of the status of
their grant within a month of receiving the application.