IARCS travel grants
Since 2003-2004, IARCS has made available grants for partial
support to travel to conferences and other academic meetings in
all areas of Computing Science, both in India and abroad.
From 2008-2010, these grants were sponsored by a generous contribution from
Geodesic Information Systems Ltd.
To apply for a grant, you have to be affiliated as a student
or a faculty member to an academic institution based in
Grants are available to support travel to an academic
conference outside the country. The support can be used to cover
travel costs and conference registration fees.
- IARCS travel grants are intended for work directly
related to computing science. We are not in a position to
support applications in other subjects, even if it involves
computational or numerical work.
- IARCS grants are normally restricted to Rs 30,000
(max Rs 50,000).
- IARCS funding can be used as partial support to cover items
such as travel expenses, registration fees and accommodation
that are not already covered by other sources of funding. Per
diem expenses and other expenditure without bills and/or
receipts cannot be claimed.
- IARCS does not provide direct grants to individuals for
events held within India. For events in India, the organizers
should contact IARCS for institutional support.
- IARCS travel grants are intended for presenting original
research work at international conferences. IARCS does not
provide support for travel or local expenses for instructional
schools or for internships and other long-term
- IARCS will give preference to students who are enrolled in a
graduate programme (Integrated Masters, Integrated PhD,
Masters, or PhD). IARCS will not normally provide support to
faculty members from well-funded institutions such as IITs,
IISc, IIITs, TIFR, IMSc, CMI, IISERs etc.
- To ensure a more equitable utilization of its limited travel
grant budget, IARCS will henceforth not fund the same individual twice
in any 12 month period.
- List of IARCS travel grants, 2003–2013
Note: The procedure has changed a bit from
April 2012. You should submit a copy of the paper you want to
present along with your application.
Send the following details by email to
"Request for IARCS travel grant". If you do not get a prompt
acknowledgment by email, please send a reminder.
Please do not send any material by post. We will contact you if we need
additional information to process your application.
Details required when you apply
- Personal details:
- Applicant's Name:
- Name of institution:
- Postal address, phone, fax, email:
- Current course of study:
- Faculty member who can be contacted in connection with
this application (name, address, phone, fax, email):
- If faculty member, designation:
- Details about conference:
- Name of conference:
- Dates and location:
- Conference website (or other source of information about
- Details about paper to be presented:
- Title of paper (attach a copy of the paper with your mail)
- Paper category (if applicable): Full/Short/Poster/Other (specify)
- Amount of support requested from IARCS (justify with estimated
IARCS will endeavour to notify applicants of the status of
their grant within a month of receiving the application.